All new international students to TU Delft are welcomed by the Central International Office (CIO) with a Introduction Programme. Every year over 2,000 international students take part in the two Introduction Programmes, organised in February and August. The Introduction Programme is a warm welcome to the new students. The academic, social and acculturation programme gives them the best possible start to their studies in Delft.
For the CIO to be able to organise these two programmes, they need several Dutch students to help with the organisation and preparation. And this is where you come in!
Are you a scheduler (for making schedules from student databases and accurate statistics), a communicator (updating the online community for internationals Delftulip, social media, e-mail), an organizer for welcome activities (creating a great programme of optional activities, liaising with student organizations) or a Welcomer for the Welcome Café?(Creating a well organized and welcoming space for the new internationals). All of these roles for which people are needed will also involve working with other tasks and require some flexibility.
Qualities and skills
- Hardworking, flexible and working well under pressure.
- Understand the needs of international students.
- Enthusiastic to help create a great Introduction Programme.
- Takes responsibility.
- Team player and helping out others.
- Good command of English.
- Indesign/ Photoshop
- Excel/ Access
- Movies making
- Blog experience
- Member of a student organization
- Experience with different types of social media and using them for an event
- Welcoming and friendly
- Assistants must be available for both Introduction Programmes in February spring break and the last 2 weeks of August.
- Assistants will work throughout 2017, with more hours leading up to each programme and less in between. Holidays are not possible in January, July or August due to the peak periods.
- On average assistants work 10 hours per week.
- Maximum 500 hours work per year.
- Regularly working at the Central International Office during office hours with some tasks able to complete at home
So, having read this entire list and still interested? Here is how you can apply before 2 December!
- Email IntroductionProgramme@tudelft.nl
- Include your CV and a motivation letter
- Please state which role you are most interested in (remembering that all roles will help out with other tasks) and which specific skills you have
- Closing date is Friday 02 December
- Interviews will be held from 5-16 December
Download the (additional) information: International Introduction Programme student assistant